INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Concerts and tabla workshop in Boulder Colorado ... Steve Oda on the Sarod and Ty Burhoe on tabla ... July 20 to July 28 ... 2013 ...

tabla retreats ...

http://tyburhoe.com/tabla_concerts_events/tabla_retreats/index.html

.... and concert ....

http://tyburhoe.com/tabla_concerts_events/tabla_concerts_workshops/index.html

(and concerts and tabla workshops in Japan in October, and Australia in 2014!)

.... concluding with a whirwing 18 concerts ... from Trinidad and across USA and Canada in 30 days!

Quote:
USA
March 12 - April 15th
Zakir Hussain & the Masters of Percussion

Featuring:
Zakir Hussain - tabla
Selvaganesh - kanjira
Steve Smith - drums
Niladri Kumar - sitar
Dilshad Khan - sarangi
Deepak Bhatt - dhol
Vijay S Chavan - dholak
Ty Burhoe - road/stage manager
Mujeeb Dadakar - sound

Pascal

(Ty Burhoe was my tabla teacher when I used to live in Boulder Colorado!)

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #2 
Arre yaar

Couldn't they do it in the Bay Area as well?

Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
Zakir Hussain & company (3/23/14)
pbercker

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ahirbhairav"
Arre yaar

The Zakirji and Co. will be also be in Berkeley I believe ... or did you mean the tabla workshop?

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pbercker"
Quote:
Arre yaar

The Zakirji and Co. will be also be in Berkeley I believe ... or did you mean the tabla workshop?

Pascal
No, I was hoping about the Zakirji and Co...just give me a time and date and I'll try and get there

Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
pbercker

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:

No, I was hoping about the Zakirji and Co...just give me a time and date and I'll try and get there
The date and the venue ....
Quote:
Sunday March 23
Cal Performances, Zellerbach Hall, Berkeley CA
.... in 2014!

Pascal

ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pbercker"
Quote:

The date and the venue ....
Quote:
Sunday March 23
Cal Performances, Zellerbach Hall, Berkeley CA
.... in 2014!

Pascal
OH MY GOD!!! Dilshad Khan, Zakir Hussain, Niladri Kumar...

ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #7 
Jeez, I looked for tickets and the pricing sucks! I mean, just because Niladri, Selvaganesh, Dilshad, and most importantly, Zakir are going to be there doesn't mean that the lowest pricing should be $217!!!

Eh well. I'll just wait until they call these guys again. I mean, it's not hard for Zakir to get there because he lives in SFO and Basant Bahar is something you could call a local organization...sorta

povster

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Jeez, I looked for tickets and the pricing sucks! I mean, just because Niladri, Selvaganesh, Dilshad, and most importantly, Zakir are going to be there doesn't mean that the lowest pricing should be $217!!!

Eh well. I'll just wait until they call these guys again. I mean, it's not hard for Zakir to get there because he lives in SFO and Basant Bahar is something you could call a local organization...sorta
Tickets for the Berkeley Concert start at $22.

http://www.calperformances.org/performances/2013-14/world-stage/zakir-hussain-masters-of-percussion.php

Note the "Price: Tickets start at $22"

ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
Quote:

Tickets for the Berkeley Concert start at $22.

http://www.calperformances.org/performances/2013-14/world-stage/zakir-hussain-masters-of-percussion.php

Note the "Price: Tickets start at $22"
Whoa! Apparently Ticket Liquidator is wrong. Thanks, I'll try and make it now...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.