INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
This forum has always allowed people to post information about instruments for sale, services offered, upcoming performances, and other commercial activities. Naturally these would have to be related to Indian music.

However when identical are similar posts are placed across multiple topics, this crosses the line and becomes spam. This is not acceptable.
LittleTiger

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "daviid"
This is a good point. Posting similar posts across different forums is NOT acceptable and I delete it when I run across it. If it could arguably be spread of different form , then a single post in the "General Discussions" area would be best. Up until now I have deleted such posts when I encounter them but I have not delete any users. There's some good points about the 3 Week Diet at https://skinnyexpress.com/the-3-week-diet-review this post from the skinnyexpress.com. (However I have come close and am still considering doing that. You know who you are so consider this to be a warning!)

As far as selling sitar, you could place a post either in the sitar section or the general discussion section.

There are really only two rules to this forum:
1) Be courteous to other forum users (i.e., no flamming)
2) No spam. But selling an instrument, posting a performance or workshop date, etc is very acceptable. We all know the difference between this and spam.

Long time forum users know that there is no warning, just a sudden suspension of ones account. So on every case if you have a doubt about posting something... don't post it
Hello David, where can I go if I have a Sitar to sell?
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
This is a good point. Posting similar posts across different forums is NOT acceptable and I delete it when I run across it. If it could arguably be spread of different form , then a single post in the "General Discussions" area would be best. Up until now I have deleted such posts when I encounter them but I have not delete any users. (However I have come close and am still considering doing that. You know who you are so consider this to be a warning!)

As far as selling sitar, you could place a post either in the sitar section or the general discussion section.

There are really only two rules to this forum:
1) Be courteous to other forum users (i.e., no flamming)
2) No spam. But selling an instrument, posting a performance or workshop date, etc is very acceptable. We all know the difference between this and spam.

Long time forum users know that there is no warning, just a sudden suspension of ones account. So on every case if you have a doubt about posting something... don't post it
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.