INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Mustafa Umut Sarac

Reply with quote  #1 
Your help is very important.

Let me ask 

What is the string lenght of top strings ?

What is the number 1 strings place , treble or bass ?

What is the octave and notes of top and bottom strings and what are their frequencies ?

Do Surbahar open strings have a equivalent at Piano or are they different ?

How do we calculate the bottom strings lenghts ? Same as west or different method ?

Where is the drawing of top and bottom surbahar strings bridges , can you measure and draw and add here or put photographs with scale ?

Where is the drawing of the bottom and top strings nuts ? Can you measure it and draw or add scaled photographs ?

What is the shape of frets , can you put image or drawing with a scale ?

Thank you very much,

Umut
Istanbul
Mustafa Umut Sarac

Reply with quote  #2 
I will try to collect the parts one by one and draw in Autocad , three dimensional , convert them to STL file and it will be ready to 3d Print. But it would take 6 months or so because dollar and euro is extremelly expensive in my country. If you have extra bridge , fret and nut , I can buy them from you. I am wishing from you to give me links for cheap but high quality parts sellers at india also. It would be better than german sources , more expensive.

I will reverse engineer every part and draw in 3d two things.

first , 3 d printed final parts

and 3 d print of final parts silicone molds to produce better stronger , more traditional looking , better sounding parts like artificial ivory or if you wish you can mix carbon powder and epoxy and mold in silicone and get carbon parts with stronger and more sustain parts.

I promise to add every file to here free and without license.

let 1000 flowers bloom.

thanks,

umut
istanbul
Christopher Sarju Seepersaud

Reply with quote  #3 
You need to get a surbahar and dismantle it yourself. It’s far too much work for others to do for you. And yes, the notes have piano equivalents.
Some of your questions could be measured with a ruler and going to a real surbahar player and asking permission, watching him play, etc.
By photo and video you will miss a lot.
Good luck! You can do it.

Surbahar varies a lot in size, my old 1950s one is enormous....
Mustafa Umut Sarac

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello Christopher , There is no Surbahar in Turkey and its a very expensive instrument where no poor hippie could afford here.

Anyone can do two things here,

measure , draw and photograph

or give me information to buy surbahar parts , I searched and no parts sellers in internet.

Still need your help pals .

thanks,

umut
istanbul
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.