INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
povster

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "coughcapkittykat"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
I currently use baby oil (it is just mineral oil with a touch of scent -same otherwise. Even the ingredients says just "mineral oil, fragrance").
Don't you find that it gets sticky and squeaky?
Not at all. Been using it the past 5 years or so. I have ocassionally gotten a bad squeak etc. but that was from improperly drying my hands after washing them.

mayer141

Reply with quote  #17 
Wow! I used to use Coconut Oil but I found I developed a habit of dipping my two fingers in the pot before every fast tan I did! It didn't take long before I got a really dirty string.
However I've found a free oil that's PERFECT!! I've nice oily skin and so a quick swipe of the hairline does the trick. Now I know not everyone has oily skin and so I'm willing to bottle my skin oil and sell it for lots of money
OM GUY

Reply with quote  #18 
Cococare Coconut Moisturizing Oil 9 fl oz (260 ml)

Look it up on Amazon.com.

I've used this product for years....it is the consistancy of baby/mineral oil. You do not need much in your oil box on cotton and the smell is divine and as true to coconut as you can get without all the goop build-up, provided you wipe your strings down after every use.

Reply with quote  #19 
Pov- great idea, I'll definitely set myself up with that.

Funny- I used to use Johnson&Johnson's baby oil and used to squeak all over the place (but my teacher swears by it). As soon as I switched to mineral oil my problems went away. Maybe it was a mindset that I actually switched

My current brand is Spectrum (unrefined), as that is what I put in my smoothies (sooo yummy :mrgreen: ) However, soon switching to La Tourangelle because it is even. tastier. Just a hint :wink:
fossesitar

Reply with quote  #20 
Just went through this thread, hafta say I have never tried coconut oil, after much expirimentation back in the day with many different oils all of which became sticky when left on the string, I found pure olive oil works beautifully, never gets sticky, commonly available.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.