INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Lars

Reply with quote  #1 
Indrajit Banerjee (http://www.indrajitbanerjee.com) is in Chicagoland this weekend, concert on Friday and has Thursday and Saturday available for lessons if anyone is interested. He comes highly recommended by many of course...
Reach him at indrajitcalcutta@gmail.com
or 512-696-3309

Beginning to think Chicago is the place where things are REALLY happening!?

Lars
Rain City Music

Attached Images
jpeg Rhythm and Raag with tabla UChic.jpg (107.68 KB, 1 views)

Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
lars wrote:
From your mouth to Gods ears.

Yes it is really great to have wonderful players like Indrajit come to Chicago. With the passing of Chicago's Sitar Maestro our Guruji Patric Marks two years ago we have been fortunate to have artists like Indrajit and Gaurav to help keep this wonderful musical tradition alive in the Windy City.
I have not met Indrajit yet but a few of my friends have and they say he is a wonderful player. I am going to try and attend Friday to hear his playing.
I wish Indrajit and his fellow artists all good luck with their concert, and classes.

Hmmmmm - HEY LARS - With all the stuff happnin in Chi Town why not open Rain City East -- could be Windy & Rainy City Music.

Reply with quote  #3 
I will definitely be in attendance, if any forumites are making it out feel free to let me know! Indrajit Banerjee is a great player and the brief time I spent taking lessons from him was very enjoyable! I have also seen the dancer and singer in concert, they were also very nice.

Here is a video I took the last time I saw him in Chicago:

Funny, the whole winter I've been cold, stranded, shut up inside alone struggling with practice, longing for the spring to come to bring warm air and Indian music back to Chicago. Now all the sudden we've got the nice concert on Friday and I'm driving up on Sunday to Wisconsin to see my Guru Gauravji perform! Thank goodness, I feel like Winter has finally broken its grip and just in time too, right before it broke me first! This winter definitely got me down bad but I think this is going to be a great spring/summer! 8)

...and just in time for things to be gearing up, I broke my right hand pinky nail playing some guitar this evening. :evil:
Lars

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Hamletsghost"
Quote:
lars wrote:
From your mouth to Gods ears.

Yes it is really great to have wonderful players like Indrajit come to Chicago. With the passing of Chicago's Sitar Maestro our Guruji Patric Marks two years ago we have been fortunate to have artists like Indrajit and Gaurav to help keep this wonderful musical tradition alive in the Windy City.
I have not met Indrajit yet but a few of my friends have and they say he is a wonderful player. I am going to try and attend Friday to hear his playing.
I wish Indrajit and his fellow artists all good luck with their concert, and classes.

Hmmmmm - HEY LARS - With all the stuff happnin in Chi Town why not open Rain City East -- could be Windy & Rainy City Music.

Hope you can make it Brian I think you'll really enjoy his playing. Would come to Chicago but you know how roots are and I'd miss the volcano in my window view. 8)
But yeah so much good music there, also if you ever get a chance to hear Fareed Haque he's wonderful (jazz, not icm). He's based there also.

Lars
Rain City Music

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "theprosperone"
I will definitely be in attendance, if any forumites are making it out feel free to let me know! Indrajit Banerjee is a great player and the brief time I spent taking lessons from him was very enjoyable! I have also seen the dancer and singer in concert, they were also very nice.

Here is a video I took the last time I saw him in Chicago:

Funny, the whole winter I've been cold, stranded, shut up inside alone struggling with practice, longing for the spring to come to bring warm air and Indian music back to Chicago. Now all the sudden we've got the nice concert on Friday and I'm driving up on Sunday to Wisconsin to see my Guru Gauravji perform! Thank goodness, I feel like Winter has finally broken its grip and just in time too, right before it broke me first! This winter definitely got me down bad but I think this is going to be a great spring/summer! 8)

...and just in time for things to be gearing up, I broke my right hand pinky nail playing some guitar this evening. :evil:
Good video, sorry about the claw. BTW, I'd give anything to have that OM back-drop in my room!!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.