INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
SurTaal

Reply with quote  #31 
All this talk about Sadanand tablas makes me want to place another order!
coyootie

Reply with quote  #32 
OK y'all, what is the price+ shipping our much ballyhooed tabla sourcer charges?
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #33 
For a single dayan + shipping, about $125.00 less than a comparable Sanjay Rikhi Ram.
I think the Sadanands are built better.

Reply with quote  #34 
How about making a temple for the source and do some pooja-paath!

hehehehe.....

he seems to be god with so many followers...
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Prabhakar"
How about making a temple for the source and do some pooja-paath!

hehehehe.....

he seems to be god with so many followers...
No, not a god, but a smart and shrewd businessman with a growing clientele who will succeed where so many others have failed.

A.

Reply with quote  #36 
Aanaadha,

Do you own a few Sadanands too?

ST
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "SurTaal"
Aanaadha,

Do you own a few Sadanands too?

ST
ST,

The majority of my tablas have no name-brand as I've re-built most of them myself. That hobby is becoming more difficult to justify if Prafulla's prices and quality and availability remain constant. I do own several of Sanjay Rikhi Ram's tablas that I custom ordered some time ago (specifically for their rare size and tuning) that I like very much but they were considerably more expensive. Since then I have several friends and professional tabla players who've purchased Sadanand's from Prafulla and I must say I was as impressed (and envious) as they were pleased. When any of my current instrument needs replacement I'll know precisely who to call.

A.

Reply with quote  #38 
Dear all friends,

It was indeed a great feeling to read positive responses about me and my service. I must thank you all for this. I really appreciate your time and efforts to share your experiences.

While reading, I notised that there were some questions raised about my refund policy. Let me tell you frankly that we have so many restrictions from the RBI (Reserve Bank of India) especially sending money abroad. Basically, they are more interested in exports than imports. Sending money abroad may be possible too as a refund but with so many complications in the procedure. But replacement is possible in case of damage (at the time of Delivery) if the customer pays US$ 10 extra for the insurance. Replacement without the damage is too expensive due to shipping costs both ways. frankly speaking, I think I take enough precaution for the quality and safety of the instruments during transportation. I personally check each and every instrument before dispatching. I don't accept if I am not 100% satisfied about the tone or quality. I get made as if they are my concert tablas. Anyway, if anyone of you have any further questions can email me at tablaplayer@hotmail.com as for me, I personally feel it is unfair to discuss about my business in this wonderful forum.

Anyway, I will try my best to give the best quality instruments possible. I once again thank you all and hoping for your best wishes.

Musically yours,

Prafulla Athalye.
http://www.tabla-player.com

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.