INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
SatanicMajeties

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,
I'm in love with indian instruments and the sarangi has a beautiful sound.
I want to buy a sarangi, but I live in France and I don't know where I can buy a sarangi or where I can order a sarangi in internet?
Can you help me please?
Thanks
SatanicMajeties

Reply with quote  #2 
For example this sarangi on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/NEW-SARANGI-ESRAJ-GUITAR-VIOLIN-TAOOS-VEENA-SURBAHAR-DJ_W0QQitemZ280393687390QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_YO_OInstrumentsMusique_Cordes?hash=item4148c4215e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Good or bad?
spoutmouth

Reply with quote  #3 
Hello,

I've been hanging back from answering as there are sometimes folk far more knowledgeable around......

You may already have - but read back over previous posts on this issue on the forum. Much good advice given (some of it to me!).

I do not know the answer to your ebay listing Sarangi. It is a bit of a risk. It may be more suitable as a wall decoration.

As has been said: learning Sarangi - you really need a teacher to set your hand and get you going...and then much much teaching....

So....a teacher is a must. Who may be able to source you a correctly set up instrument. Or a knowledgeable vendor with a good name. Some vendors are/were posting on here.

Hope this helps

M
glorplaxy

Reply with quote  #4 
http://www.rajmusicals.com has some and they ship all over. Definitely less risk involved compared to trying to get a decent instrument off of ebay!

You should be aware of how difficult the sarangi is to play, though. Perhaps you could try an esraj or dilruba? These two instruments sound a lot like the sarangi but are definitely much easier to learn and play.
SatanicMajeties

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks a lot for your answer.
I know that sarangi is a very difficult instrument to play, but it's not a problem.
I went to see the site, but it's strange, prices are very low...
In France I've found one shop which sold sarangi, and the price is 630$.
In Raj Musicals the price is 177$ or 255$, so I don't know.
Have you ever order in India?
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #6 
I believe prices are without shipping. Once you add shipping, the price will most likely double or even triple.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.