INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
vilambit

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all,

I am looking for "Tabla" books written in ‘Devanagari’ and preferably in the format such as the one provided below. Please note, I am not interested in any Audio/ Video material but ONLY books printed, scanned or such.

I believe Pandit Aravind Mulgaonkarji’s books provide material such as the one I described; I am not sure as I have not seen them. I tried to locate copies of Panditji’s books in India personally but could not find any for sale.

Thanks and best regards.

Vilambit.
TablaBolsDevnagari.jpg 

taal

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi;
I think your first choice would be David Courtney's books..they are very famous and easily available in North Amreica. Although they are in English, they have all the bols, thekas and compositions, Qaidas etc. written in Devnagri.
If you are not interested in English books, then I can recommend you some books in Hindi/Marathi...which one would you prefer?

sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "vilambit"
Hello all,

I am looking for "Tabla" books written in ‘Devanagari’ and preferably in the format such as the one provided below. Please note, I am not interested in any Audio/ Video material but ONLY books printed, scanned or such.

I believe Pandit Aravind Mulgaonkarji’s books provide material such as the one I described; I am not sure as I have not seen them. I tried to locate copies of Panditji’s books in India personally but could not find any for sale.

Thanks and best regards.

Vilambit.
[attach:filename=TablaBolsDevnagari.jpg]
"Tabla" Book in Marathi is available at Ideal Book Depot, Dadar ( 5 mins walk from the Dadar Western Railway Station). Ask anyone and they will tell you the Direction. You will find many other books on Tabla over there specially written in Marathi or Hindi.
If you want to Choose from a Wide range of books in Tabla and any other Indian Classical instrument, go to the Following address.
AKHIL BHARATIYA GANDHARVA MAHA VIDYALAYA, VASHI ( Hindi, English and Marathi)
Next to Vashi Bus Depot / (GURUDWARA)
Get Down at the Bus Depot and you will see the Gurudwara next to the Depot. Walk along the Lane and 2 buildings next to it is ABGMV.

-U
pumpik

Reply with quote  #4 
Pt Mulgaonkar's book "Tabla" is really your best source. If you are in Pune, go to Mehendale Musicals or Navidikar Musical and they should have a copy. It quite frequently goes out of print, so if you see it buy it even if its your last Rupee. Walk home if you have to.
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you for your kind words and support for my guruji's book and his work.

The book "Tabla" is currently out of stock for sale at all of the locations mentioned above in Pune and Bombay.

The current, estimated reprint date for the Matathi edition according to the publisher is Jan/Feb of 2011. The English version is still under translation and review.

There are other publications and works of Mulgaonkar Ji available through me. All proceeds go to him directly. If you are interested, PM me.
vilambit

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi,

My most sincere thanks to all of you who responded. I will try each source as I can.

Once again thanks and best regards.

Vilambit.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.