INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
KC NYC

Reply with quote  #1 
Just had a new 6" Mukta Das dayan delivered today, the sound is amazing, delivery only took about 5 business days from India to NY, packaging was great as well. $110 total. I'm very happy and strongly recommend to buy from DMS.
Gotta plug a great seller since I'm happy: http://www.indianmusicalinstruments.com/
gt1111

Reply with quote  #2 
congrats. just wondering, did u have to tune the tabla yourself or did it come tuned?
KC NYC

Reply with quote  #3 
Gaits were inserted, it was tuned to C already. Amazing tabla.
Terry1234

Reply with quote  #4 
I was trying to buy Satesh Singh (KJ student) a tabla from there but they didn't get back to me
KC NYC

Reply with quote  #5 
For some strange reason it was my experience with almost every dealer located in India. Not sure if they are just laid back to the point that they don't care if they make a sale or they just sell a lot regardless without my order, or it's just me. Mukta Das just DOES NOT REPLY to emails. Mystery to me.
gt1111

Reply with quote  #6 
I just bought a mukta das tabla from DMS too and it sounds amazing. I highly recommend them. shipping was fast and the quality of the dayan is great. If you want a great sounding dayan at a great price, go through DMS. Although it was a little expensive, what you pay for you get. Its great quality to back up the price. My advice. save up your money and get a mukta das tabla. you won't be dissappointed.
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "KC
For some strange reason it was my experience with almost every dealer located in India. Not sure if they are just laid back to the point that they don't care if they make a sale or they just sell a lot regardless without my order, or it's just me. Mukta Das just DOES NOT REPLY to emails. Mystery to me.
I AGREE..MUKTA DOES NOT REPLY TO EMAILS...

but you can contact him at his cell phone : +919051139720...or shop +913324813499

maybe he answer...HAHAHA

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
Pujadaddy

Reply with quote  #8 
I am editing my original post. I bought a "concert quality" mukta das from Inni Singh a year and a half ago. It got here fast enough, so I did not have any problems there. While it looked somewhat like a Mukta Das, it was missing any kind of sticker / name plate (so I wonder if it was a reject) and the quality was okay but not at all "concert". The pudi split six months after having it with it tuned to a B. Turns out the dayan actually measured 5 5/8 when I went to change the pudi when I specifically had asked for a 5 3/4. Overall, I got my purchase, but in hindsight, I am more hesitant to deal with middlemen when buying tabla, as they are ultimately driven by a profit motive, and potentially don't know that much about how each tabla was made (pitch, etc). I am going to stick with purchasing direct from tabla makers from here out but in fairness, there are some shops out there from which you can get good tabla. I got my first Mukta Das from Kala Kendar, and It still sounds great. You will pay more, but they have assumed a bit of the risk up front and usually have satisfaction guarantees. Though I haven't purchased from them I hear good things about the tabla from AACM store or Lars with Rain City.
JasonG

Reply with quote  #9 
I have also purchased from Mr. Singh although directly from his shop in Delhi. I must say I had a great experience and received an amazing set of Mukta Das tablas for a great price. As many of you may know, it is difficult for a foreigner to get fair prices in India but this was not the case with Inni Singh.
sherman2002

Reply with quote  #10 
Your lucky. He sent me one Mukta Das dayan of poor quality all broken, and did not answer the mails. He still owes me two dvd never sent me, is not reliable, be careful to whom you send the money. :!: :!: :!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "KC
Just had a new 6" Mukta Das dayan delivered today, the sound is amazing, delivery only took about 5 business days from India to NY, packaging was great as well. $110 total. I'm very happy and strongly recommend to buy from DMS.
Gotta plug a great seller since I'm happy: http://www.indianmusicalinstruments.com/
SarangiLal

Reply with quote  #11 
I had a bad experience with him as well. He gave me multiple tracking numbers (none of which worked) and assured me that the items had been shipped.

2 Weeks later he said “oh I made a mistake, here is the correct tracking number” – turns out he had just shipped the item out. Wish he would have just told me that would be a little late shipping the items out rather then lying about it.
sherman2002

Reply with quote  #12 
Inni finally sent me a Mukta Das Dayan high quality free of charge as compensation.
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #13 
hi...i'm waiting for a delivery from inni singh.but the delay is becoming too long.about 4 days .
i really don't understand the reason why his bank take so long time for payment from paypal.
other thing : he don't answer to my calls at his mobile and the reply from his mail are slow.

i'm not saying he is a bad person, i'm only saying that indian people are strange, especially the maker and the exporter of tabla.

sometimes it seem to me they are not interested to have good deals.

boh.....

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
absgeo

Reply with quote  #14 
I know this is old but can anyone help. I ordered a harmonium from DMS Delhi. I transfered the money into the dms bank account, however since then Inni has repeatedily told me that there was a delay at the airport due to some strike. He was replying to my emails but 2 weeks ago he said he should have a tracking number for me in a day or two. It has been a while and he is not replying to my emails. I have tried calling the number on the their website but there is no answer.

Can anyone give me any advise as I am in the UK. Also has anyone got Inni's mobile number?
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "absgeo"
I know this is old but can anyone help. I ordered a harmonium from DMS Delhi. I transfered the money into the dms bank account, however since then Inni has repeatedily told me that there was a delay at the airport due to some strike. He was replying to my emails but 2 weeks ago he said he should have a tracking number for me in a day or two. It has been a while and he is not replying to my emails. I have tried calling the number on the their website but there is no answer.

Can anyone give me any advise as I am in the UK. Also has anyone got Inni's mobile number?
Inni Singh (+919811139409)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.