INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
povster

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Joanna
all I am planning on doing is to PRACTCE, PTRACTICE, PRACTICE (and peruse the forums a liittle too!)
Joanna
But with all of that practice, will you still have time for riyaz?

povster

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Monica"
Your lifestyle changes by the way, are very similar to some of my own experiences. Taking the sitar up again after 14 years was my main symbolic act in re-opening the doors to a spiritual path I had turned my back on a decade ago. (And I have quite a collection of movie memorabilia and comic books that I am seriously considering selling off in order to finance my desire for more ICM treasures)
Interesting coincidences there, Monica. I just attended last night an annual dinner that a group of comic book collectors have for the San Francisco 3-day Wondercon comic book convention. Some folks came from Europe for the show and the dinner. I skipped the show this year and went to the dinner last night. Interesting experience. It was great to see folks I knew but hadn't seen in a year. But the talk was all comic books and I had literally nothing to say and actually had to rack my brain to come up with a relevant comment. After a couple of hours I left, realizing I was a cat at a dog show. Some of the folks knew I was back into ICM and their advice was a consoling pat on the back and a "Don't sell your collection. You'll be back." While appreciating the sentiment the comment exasperated me. One friend, from Paris, completely understood. He was very glad for me.

So I am starting to organize my posters and comics with an eye to selling them as well. I am hoping the proceeds will ultimately allow me to make some further life changes so the music can be better attended to.

I remain happy in the music.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.