INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
I know what you're saying ... not another beginner's kaida, but trust me Pt. Samar Saha explores this well know beginner's kaida in very creative ways. The kaida in question is simply this:
Quote:
dha dha tira kita dha dha tin na
ta ta tira kita dha dha dhin na

I find it both inspiring and challenging to see that such a simple kaida can hold so many riches! Moreover this beautiful exposition does not in any way rely on dazzling speed.

And while you're at it, have at look what he can do with gege gege gege....

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
TablaBeatz

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pbercker"
I know what you're saying ... not another beginner's kaida, but trust me Pt. Samar Saha explores this well know beginner's kaida in very creative ways. The kaida in question is simply this:
Quote:
dha dha tira kita dha dha tin na
ta ta tira kita dha dha dhin na

After watching this performance I honestly don't have words to say how amazing that was !! A kaida that I often overlook as boring - he made a spellbounding performance out of it and I can't even believe it was possible !!!

The quality of his bols were of the chart !! Unbelievable what he was able to do with such a simple theme - !!

"The beginning of life is rhythm. When you’re in the womb your mother’s heart is beating at (about 90) decibels ... we were born of vibration 13.7 billion years ago with the explosion of the universe."
bhilaj51

Reply with quote  #3 
When it comes to Gegegegegegegegege there's only one & her name is Rimpa Shiv a young girl of amazing talent, even Anindo Chaterjee cannot compete with his gegegege i think she is on another planet !
pbercker

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "bhilaj51"
When it comes to Gegegegegegegegege there's only one & her name is Rimpa Shiv a young girl of amazing talent, even Anindo Chaterjee cannot compete with his gegegege i think she is on another planet !
That is one intense tabla player ... very impressive indeed!

PB
p.s. I've looked at a few more videos of her on utube, and she is absolutely phenomenal! I think she has to be on my top 10 list!

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.