INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
dhatitdha

Reply with quote  #1 
Dhir Dhir Kit tak Takit Dha is commonly used phrase in compositions.

I am transcribing some of compositions with this phrase in my web aap http://vishwamohini.com/music/home.php

I am wondering what is exact mathematical distribution of this phrase, if we consider each syllable as single beat, then, after Dha, there are four beats remains to complete 16 beats. And 4 beats gap is not common or easy gap.

Dhi-1 | ra-2 | Dhi-3 | ra-4 | Ki-5 | ta-6 | Ta-7 | ka-8 | Ta-9 | ki-10 | ta-11 | Dha-12 | -13 | -14 | -15 | -16 | Dha-1

One more thought strikes in mind is this phrase could be
Dhir Dhir Kit tak TirKit Dha
Dhi-1 | ra-2 | Dhi-3 | ra-4 | Ki-5 | ta-6 | Ta-7 | ka-8 | Ti-9 | ra-10 | Ki-11 | Ta-12 | Dha-13 | -14 | -15 | -16 | Dha-1
In this case gap comes to 3 beats to complete 16 beats. And 3 beats gap is very common.

Or we just play this phrase with judgement to fit in 2/4.../16 beats ?
talamala

Reply with quote  #2 
I am most familiar with this phrase from a few related tukadas I'm currently practicing. In all of the versions I'm working on, the phrasing/distribution changes from barabar to adi lay on the "takita" 

Here's the simplest of the series:

Dhirdhir | Kitataka | Takita | Dha-- | Dhirdhir | Kitataka | Takita | Dha-- | 
Takita | Dha-- | Takita | Dha-- | Dhirdhir | Kitataka | Takita | Dha--

[Tihai] (Ka--- | Dhirdhir | Kitataka | Takita | Dha-- | X ) x3 

dhatitdha

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you very much @talamala, it sounds correct mathematically and musically when we play Takit in Tisra.
I have transcribed some compositions, you may like to listen them, please check below link, I have included your composition at the end.

http://vishwamohini.com/music/music.php?id=319

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.