INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #1 
hello guys ... I bought a wavedrum to experiment with new sounds. I'm not used to synthetic leathers so I was wondering if could use a skin tabla. of course must be tailored to the wavedrum.

i would hear the difference even having the sihay and natural goatskin.

this is the skin for wavedrum...it have an edge at the bottom...

http://www.remo.com/portal/products/3/8/52/191/fi_ambassador.html

may be possible to realize a tabla pudi for the wave???

thanks

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
scodoha

Reply with quote  #2 
Its a little hard for english speakers to understand exactly what you're asking. Are you talking about making a synthetic bayan head?
Nastika

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "scodoha"
Its a little hard for english speakers to understand exactly what you're asking. Are you talking about making a synthetic bayan head?
I don't think his English is a problem at all!

He is talking about the Korg Wavedrum, you can see it here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/652165-REG/Korg_WAVEDRUM_WAVEDRUM_Dynamic_Percussion.html
there are also many videos of it on you tube. it has a synthetic head (fiberskyn, like he shows in his link)

He is wondering if a bayan pudi could be put on it instead...

...which I don't think would make a significant difference...
I guess it could be goatskin instead of fiberskyn, might have a nicer feel, but I don't see why to add the syhai, and kinar (and bharti, etc), surely they would be purely for decoration?
rajabala

Reply with quote  #4 
hi dears.. i need a baya pudi with the sihay .. it feel better on my fingers.. sintetic seem to be too thick..

kinar and gajra are not request.. only a skin of 40 centimeters in diameter with the sihay.

i'll cut what i need here at home .the tension system is different and the skin requires some modification...
quintino

Reply with quote  #5 
Its confusing to follow if you use two different names in one thread (annamalayaar/rajaballa).
I think that is not your intension.
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "quintino"
Its confusing to follow if you use two different names in one thread (annamalayaar/rajaballa).
I think that is not your intension.
yes sorry...i'm going to delete the rajabala account...

dear david if you read this you can delete my rajabala username.

thank you

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.