INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
mahadev

Reply with quote  #1 
Going to classical concerts in India is not enjoyable anymore. At any given time half the audience is fiddling with their goddamn mobile phones. Either filming the performance or checking facebook or whatever. This completely ruins the atmosphere for both the performers and those who actually want to listen to the music.
For those who are old enough to remember the times before these infernal devices came along, remember when people just sat there and enjoyed the music ? Long gone.
Mobile phones need to be banned in classical concerts, full stop. Either they need to be deposited at the entrance or we need minders who will ask anyone seen using a mobile to leave the hall. No exceptions.Period. If you can't be without your mobile for two hours then don't come to a concert. Stay at home and watch Youtube.

Mods, please leave this post here. The sitar section of this forum seems to be only one anybody still reads. Thanks.

Reply with quote  #2 
Good point! I agree. Enjoy the music instead of your phone. Doesn't fit in the Indian philosophy either.
coyootie

Reply with quote  #3 
well, I totally agree. but good luck getting anyone to pay attention to such instructions at a concert................
desh

Reply with quote  #4 
I totally agree also. I recently went to see Stevie Wonder. At one point I looked around and swear there were more people filming the concert on their cell phones than actually watching the show. The kicker was that some people were actually filming the giant video monitor next to the stage.

The comedian Dave Chapelle is using a technology based solution to address this nuisance.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/dave-chappelle-yonr-make-shows-cellphone-free/
povster

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "desh"
I totally agree also. I recently went to see Stevie Wonder. At one point I looked around and swear there were more people filming the concert on their cell phones than actually watching the show. The kicker was that some people were actually filming the giant video monitor next to the stage.

The comedian Dave Chapelle is using a technology based solution to address this nuisance.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/dave-chappelle-yonr-make-shows-cellphone-free/
Yeah, it seems more and more people live through their LCDs.

Jojolefthishome

Reply with quote  #6 
But how will I get a picture of Anoushka if I can't bring my phone? 8)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.