INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
This is just a little note to let everyone known that our music video "Jaijaivanti," just won an award. It took the Gold Award at last week's Worldfest International Film Festival, in the World Music division.

This can be viewed at:

Peace

David Courtney
ragamala

Reply with quote  #2 
Many congratulations!
westsea

Reply with quote  #3 
Congratulations!
I think it deserves a big note...

[size=200]Worldfest International Film Festival GOLD award![/size]
cwroyds

Reply with quote  #4 
Awesome, well done and congratulations.
It is always wonderful to get some well deserved recognition.
OM GUY

Reply with quote  #5 
Well, congrats on the award, and well deserved! The graphics are breath-taking and vivid.

Reply with quote  #6 
Congrats and well deserved! It was a very creative video, and musical arrangement! Probably took some substantial logistics to orchestrate!
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
I loved this when I saw it.
Are any more ready & available yet???

Nick
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
Not yet. Actually I am at a loss as to what to do next. I want to do something which is both better as well as different.

David Courtney
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #9 
BETTER????
Or would 'different' be better?

Nick
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #10 
I am looking to grow but I do not know how. The only way that I think I could improve the production value would be perhaps to incorporate more computer modeling and possibly a 5.1 or 7.1 sound. But I feel that these improvements that would be merely incremental improvements. I feel that I have come pretty close to the artistic limits of the music video genre.

So now what do I do? Do I attempt to push these boundaries? Do I expand the genre, perhaps by expanding the narrative aspect of a music video? Or do I just abandon the music video and do some thing different, perhaps a short film.

At this point I do not know what to do. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Peace

David Courtney
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #11 
David
A short(ish) film would be great.
Even something that features some of us from the forums???

Nick
Sanjeeb

Reply with quote  #12 
Very good graphics and sound quality.
May be a film or more music videos.
What I would love to see more of would be videos where the musicians actually play or sing, in the moment, live, (not prerecorded audio) with superimposing some of the wonderful graphic effects in studio. Something very much in short supply compared to the huge amount of trash we get on our media.
Regards
Sanjeeb
http://www.sanjeebsircar.com
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #13 
Unfortunately the technical limitations mean that you can record a good song, or you can shoot an attractive video, but you cannot do both at the same time. The technical requirements for shooting video are diametrically opposite the requirements for recording music. That is why "live" recordings always fall flat in both areas. They inevitably involve compromises.

Peace

David Courtney
Sanjeeb

Reply with quote  #14 
I quite agree with you in saying that.
Perhaps I should have also mentioned and realize that also the effort and the cost of that can be much much more.
Was thinking of something that if the initial audio recording, or at least part of it, can be videoed with a chroma red / green background where the graphics can be put later.
Just some thoughts.....
Regards.
Sanjeeb
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.