INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
I have enabled avatars (small thumbnail pictures of yourself that show up next to all of your posts) in the new board. However I have not seen anyone using them. If this is because no one wnats to use it , that is fine. However if there are problems with the a avatars sect I would like to, know about it.

Peace and Solidarity

David Courtney
Monica

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi David,

Should the avatar controls show up in our profile settings? If so, I am not able to see/access them.

(Thanks again for a great forum, btw!)

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Monica"
Hi David,

Should the avatar controls show up in our profile settings? If so, I am not able to see/access them.

(Thanks again for a great forum, btw!)
Same here, David. I see no place in the profile settings where the avatar may be uploaded. Peace.

Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #4 
Would someone explain 'avatars' and do they need a web address or can any .jpeg or bitmap image suffice??

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Aanaddha"
Would someone explain 'avatars' and do they need a web address or can any .jpeg or bitmap image suffice??
The details may vary amoung message board software but basically the avatar can be a gif or jpg or whatever the software allows (jpg should always be one of them). The message boards I use allow the image to be uploaded directly from your local drive or from a url. So if you have no place to store it on the internet you can still upload it from your c: drive. They usually have a limitaiton of how large the image can be (for example, 75 x 75 pixels).

When making the avatar it is important to prepare it to conform to the dimensions. Otherwise, when loading the image it may be stretched horizontally or veritcally and look odd, with, say, a short stubby sitar or tabla with oval heads.

If you have a graphic you'd like to use as an avatar and need a hand getting it looking right feel free to email me (ragas@pacbell.net) and I'd be happy to crop, resize and manipulate the contrast etc so it looks good.

Michael

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #6 
For those of you who are interested, there are a lot of downloadable avatars at:

http://www.phpbb-design.com/avatars/

Peace and Solidarity

David Courtney
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
OK, I have made some changes that should make the avatars work.

I have not tried it yet but I have no reason to think that there will be any problems.

1) Either creat or download your avatar. If you create your own it must be no greater than 80X80 pixels. I think that smaller will work but I am not sure.

2) Go to your profile. You can see the profile link at the top of the page.

3) Under the settings, you will see the instructions on how to upload the avatars.

Good luck

Peace and Solidarity

David Courtney
povster

Reply with quote  #8 
Coolio!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.