INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #1 
Title says it all.

I would like to know whether other then Kunwar Rajendra Singh Sodha, does anyone play a Swarlin.

For those of you who don't know about swarlin or Rajendraji, Rajendraji's father, Raisingh Sodha, created a combination of the sarangi, dilruba, and a violin. Found in Lataji's hit song from Lekin "Yaara Silly Silly, Beer & Hockey Raat Chale".
-a

Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
Zakir Hussain & company (3/23/14)
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #2 
Someone help, please!
Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
DrKashyap

Reply with quote  #3 
Similar instrument with different name 'belabahar' is played by mr. Babulal gandharva. He already has one audio tape of classical raag to his credit.
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "DrKashyap"
Similar instrument with different name 'belabahar' is played by mr. Babulal gandharva. He already has one audio tape of classical raag to his credit.
Thanks, Dr. Kashyap

ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #5 
Apparently Rajendra Singh is the only swarlin player...I have an alap in Bageshri which was composed by Pt. Abhijit Pohankar by him. If interested, please let me know.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.