INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
va4leo

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey!

I am going to Kolkata in a week to pick up a Harmonium, and get my tablas repaired. I am willing to pick up pudis for anyone that wants them. I will be buying them from Mukta Das. If you want me to get Pudis from anyone else, just give me a name, and I will see what I can dig up.

I have had a few problems over the last couple of shipments, the sizes of the pudis have not been consistent, and so I have stopped ordering them by mail. Instead, I am going to hand pick them at the shop. This should stop the wrong sizes.

However, I must say that MD pudis are prone to buzzing, and also tear really quick if kept under high tension.

That said, they have a beautiful crisp tone that are the signature of Kolkata Pudis.

If anyone needs them, it will be USD45 for each pudi including tracked Airmail to you (unless you guys want to chip in for my flights in which case it would be back to USD50 each! , i'm joking, $45 will cover the costs involved).

PM me if you are interested with the sizes and number of Pudi you want! Thanks!

Reply with quote  #2 
I am leaving for India on Sunday at 1300hrs UTC. Will need to receive any orders by then! THANKS!

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "va4leo"
I am leaving for India on Sunday at 1300hrs UTC. Will need to receive any orders by then! THANKS!
Hi,

I'm not looking for spare pudis just yet, but if you're in India, might you go anywhere near a bookstore!?! I'm looking for some tabla books that are either hard to find here and/or too expensive but might be much cheaper in India.

Specifically, any of these would be of interest to me:

1) The Art of Tabla Rhythm: Essentials, Tradition and Creativity (Book & CD) (New Vistas in Indian Performing Arts) Hardcover
by Sudhir Kumar Saxena

2) TABLA - Pandit.Arvind Mulgaonkar (Marathi Edition) ... the compositions are in Devnagri, but I think I know how to decode them (more or less!).

3) TAALA SOUNDARYA - Shri. Ganpat Parvatkar (Marathi Edition) - See more at: http://www.arvindacademyoftabla.com/search/label/TABLA%20BOOKS#sthash.O42caDjC.dpuf

I would pay shipping plus some sort of "finder's fee" to make worth your while!

No worries if it's out of your way ...

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
va4leo

Reply with quote  #4 
I'll try pascal!

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "va4leo"
I'll try pascal!
Cool!

(I actually sent you this via PM ... but unbeknownst to me my "sent mail" box was full, and was apparently rerouted as a public post instead! Well now, that's got some interesting albeit embarrassing potential! That strikes me as a kind of malfunction!)

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.