INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
rahulpp

Reply with quote  #1 
Dear Musical Friends,

I would like to know that uptill why indian classical music does not have its own
tv channel ? There is infinty of content available for this ... Is anybody intrested?
Your feedback are welcome .
Mulamoodan

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "rahulpp"
Dear All,
This is very upset me, nobody noticed.. :| Why nobody have wish to have dedicated TV music channel for ICM ?
Is it commercially failure?
The pointers are such that it would fail. A commercial venture would not last long without a positive balance sheet, period. The audience would be very very few, in the relatively small area one could air a tv channel. Even in India, it would be difficult to make it a commercial success.

Sorry to be the devil's advocate, but this is how it appears from a business point of view. Wish I be proved wrong in my opinion.
tligen

Reply with quote  #3 
in what country? Sweden, India, Spain, Norway, Japan or what?
or do you mean some web-TV?

:?:

Reply with quote  #4 
Unfortunately TV channels don't get started unless there is a big audience for the concept.
ICM has a very small audience, even in India.
There may be enough of an audience for a website with long form videos of great performances.
But there is certainly not enough of an audience for actual an actual Television channel.
rahulpp

Reply with quote  #5 
the feel of web tv & actual Tv transmission is different . Is anybody has done survey for tv channel in India?
Though interest towards ICM in people is less but using visual medium you can attract people & create interest of ICM .
If discovery, national geographic channel can make it... We have good content with us ....
Though it will not sucessful like MTV in starting year ... but it will be steady . What do you think......!
princessjesusbopeep

Reply with quote  #6 
I think itd be best to start with a single program on a channel like discovery or ng or even a special then go from there i agree the visual medium would build interest!
cwroyds

Reply with quote  #7 
I think it would be much more likely to get a regular show on an existing cable channel.
Maybe the Travel channel.
Smithsonian Channel?
National Geographic?
Discovery?

I just have no doubt that a whole channel is not possible given the size of the ICM audience.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.