INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
I've run across a simple but possibly interesting Delhi kaida in my jerry leake book that I had not given a second look before .... (where "ta" = 3 fingered "te")
Quote:
ka ta ge ge na na ka ta
ge ge na na ge ge na na
ka ta ke ke na na ka ta
ge ge na na ge ge na na

and one variation ....

ka ta ge ge na na ka ta
ge ge na na ka ta ge ge
na na ka ta ge ge na na
ge ge na na ge ge na na

2 lines khali + 2 lines bharee
My question: has anyone run across a performance of this kaida (or possibly something close) that I could listen to?

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
bhilaj51

Reply with quote  #2 
If you want my advice drop the 2nd and 4th lines as they will hinder you from playing it fast but if youre not worried about speed impression no worries, i play the 1st and 3rd lines (very very briefly) in one of my clips at 55 seconds in on this video , its a nice little exercise but thats it although it does feel like proper two hand drummimg as opposed to a science of movement between the two hands like most tabla !! ---------
Jha
pbercker

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "bhilaj51"
If you want my advice drop the 2nd and 4th lines as they will hinder you from playing it fast but if youre not worried about speed impression no worries, i play the 1st and 3rd lines (very very briefly) in one of my clips at 55 seconds in on this video , its a nice little exercise but thats it although it does feel like proper two hand drummimg as opposed to a science of movement between the two hands like most tabla !! ---------
Jha
That's exactly the spot on your video that prompted my earlier response that I really liked what I thought were terekites .... I better understand now what you were doing there!

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.