INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Bhakta

Reply with quote  #1 
Just wanted to give some praise to Upendra at Sohum Musicals. I ordered new pudis from him 5 3/8". They sound amazing! Way better than the pudi I used to have on my dayan. And Upendra was very helpful and friendly and a pleasure to deal with. I would encourage all who haven't ordered from him to do so. I'm so pleased with the sound and the sustain of the new pudi. And I received them in the mail very quickly. He said it would take about 10 days to receive in the mail (I live in Philadelphia) but they left Mumbai on a monday and I got them in the mail on a Friday. I look forward to ordering more from Upendra in the future.
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks Josh , I'm glad you liked the pudis.
Airmail is really unpredictable. It takes like 8 to 12 days normally, but sometimes as many as 16 days and sometimes only 5 days.

-U
Bhakta

Reply with quote  #3 
Very strange, but I'm thrilled they only took 5 days! Thanks again for the great product, Upendra!
evening84

Reply with quote  #4 
I ordered a large dayan (7 inches) from Upendra and received it a few weeks ago. Tuned to (lower) E, the sustain fills the room. Kinar and Sur are the same pitch but with completely different character. I love practicing on it - don't think I am ever going back to smaller Tablas except when having to accompany someone (and even there, I might influence them to come over to the dark side, see the light, hear the cosmos, you get the idea ...).

So great product. Excellent service.
I resound, reverberate the recommendation.

sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you very much KB Im glad you enjoying it
sftablaplayer

Reply with quote  #6 
I also purchased a set from Upendra last year. A 6.75 and a heavy copper Baya. The kit is beyond perfect and is ageing perfectly with a long sustained ring and an absolutely gorgeous sound from the baya. It never goes out of tune and strapping on the pudis is just masterful. Excellent service and follow through as well. Sohum is the best. I wish I needed more Tabla but I'm maxed out on 3 kits haha...thanks Upendra : )
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks Andrew
fdf

Reply with quote  #8 
One month ago I received a set of tabla from Upendra, and after that month of constant use I should say how good the tabla is.
The 5,75 dayan sounds sweet and resonating and the bayan is fantastic. And dealing with Upendra was more than a pleasure. Mails were answered in hours if not in minutes and he did everything he could to have another happy customer.
Frank

Customs are really bad in Italy and you have to wait for 1 or maybe 2 months or more, but since the package was dealt in Germany I received the tabla at my door after 3 days only!
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #9 
I'm glad you are happy with the set
Keep practicing ,
Tablatastic

Reply with quote  #10 
I just wanted to thank Mr Upendra Purao from Sohum Musicals for the beautiful tabla set he has sent me. Upendrabhai kept me updated at all times during the making process and also returned my queries in a timely manner.

The set I have received is beautiful with good sustain and would reccommend anyone who wishes to have a good quality set at a reasonable price.

Thanks Upendra for your services and will definitely buy from you again if I have a need for more tabla.
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks Tablatastic, Im happy to help you always enjoy !!!
Tirakitataka

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Upendra,

I am visiting Mumbai in Nov end, can I visit your shop?

Do you keep quality tablas in stock from which I can check and buy?

Cheers,
sohummusicals

Reply with quote  #13 
November End I'm might be leaving for Europe visit, but If you are coming before 27th , I will be available personally. send me an email at sohum[dot]tabla[at]gmail[dot]com
I have some good offers going on for this month, you might be interested.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.