INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Benarsidass

Reply with quote  #1 
A very short clip from another 1940s-era documentary featuring the great Gopal Misra on Sarangi with Anokhelal Misra. I uploaded this clip from Chhotelal Misra and I know many of his students have it, but I haven't seen the whole thing. I believe this brief scene of Anokhelal is all that there is.

What's striking to me is how independent his finger movement is, with very little movement of the wrist while playing tekha, especially considering his incredible sound and power.

pbercker

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Benarsidass"
A very short clip from another 1940s-era documentary featuring the great Gopal Misra on Sarangi with Anokhelal Misra. I uploaded this clip from Chhotelal Misra and I know many of his students have it, but I haven't seen the whole thing. I believe this brief scene of Anokhelal is all that there is.

What's striking to me is how independent his finger movement is, with very little movement of the wrist while playing tekha, especially considering his incredible sound and power.

It's a shame that only little bits and snippets are being made available here and there. The clip looks like it's from the same 1940s documentary but without the "huntley archive" watermark.

You're quite right ... the tiny little bit of Anokhelaji that we see does show some very interesting - almost effortless - technique.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.