INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Bill

Reply with quote  #46 
Any possibility of pakhawaj accompaniment looming in a future update ?
povster

Reply with quote  #47 
Prasad, Is there any chance of adding pakhawaj, at least for dhamar and chautal? I bet the vin and dhrupad folk would appreciate it!
povster

Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pupasani"
Sure I will look into it. Currently it auto switches to Sur Tabla which kind of sounds like Pakhawaj. But yes real Pakhawaj would sound nicer.
Most appreciated! PLEASE do try! I'd buy an Ipod and ITabla Pro in a heartbeat if you could.

Bill

Reply with quote  #49 
Thanks, Pupasani. iTabla is the next best thing to genuine accompanists. Go for it Pov - you'll be glad you did!
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #50 
Ah, Pupasani. Once again this brilliantly crafted piece of software has perfectly filled all the holes in my all too infrequent gigues. Thank you x 3 ! ! !

Reply with quote  #51 
Prasad,
As a bansuri player, I find myself using the tuner function quite a bit and want to thank you for including it in iTablaPro. I have another suggestion in a forthcoming update and wonder if this would be feasible. There used to be a tuner called Korg LCA-120 tuner. It had the capability to program in the cent differences between equal temperament and just intonation. This way, one doesn't have to worry about offsets while using tuner to check out bansuris and how well they've been made. Sadly they discontinued it with no replacement. Do you think this is something that could be incorporated into the tuner?

Bibhas
spoutmouth

Reply with quote  #52 
Prasad,

Does your software work on macbooks?
I noticed a new app store upgrade on my laptop - it would be keen to purchase your software for practice if it was suitable or you were thinking of adapting it for macs in general...

Hopefully....

M
spoutmouth

Reply with quote  #53 
Prasad,

Thanks for the quick response.
Promising news...

M
John

Reply with quote  #54 
Hello prasad bhai,

I love the new theka info update. It's a great way to learn about theka and bols while on the go.

Thanks!

John

pumpik

Reply with quote  #55 
Prasad

It might be a good idea to display the name o the selected Preset on the main screen. For e.g if I select Bihag, it will be good to show that name when I go back to the main screen.

thanks.
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #56 
Prasad,

Appears to be a fantastic app! I'm probably going to get it, once the bank account recovers from a sitar purchase...

It would be a great value and increased flexibility if you could also port it to Windows/Mac desktop platforms. I'm lucky enough to have an iPhone (for now, through work) but it'd be nice to have the software as a backup on a computer.

However, I have downloaded the iPhone OS sdk but gotten no further than that on my own projects, so I have no idea what roadblocks may exist in rebuilding these iphone OS apps into normal desktop apps. I probably wouldn't pay extra for that, myself, but would just buy one or the other...however, selling to Windows users as well will open up a broader market...before recently being handed an iPhone, I would not have considered buying one just for this app, nice though it is!

Best regards,
Nic Neufeld
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #57 
Well, I'm enjoying it on my iPhone for the time being. It is helpful for me, as an ICM beginner, to start to get used to the different taals. Nice app!
cocochen

Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "CheesecakeTomek"
I had the same thought as Rex initially, after I had just bought the app and was listening through my iPhone speakers. I could not distinguish kali. Turns out that the bayan's presence is minimal through the internal speaker. As soon as you plug the phone into external sound the bayan comes right out and you've got the whole deal going on. I love this app! Many thanks for putting the time into this, Prasad. ipad casesipad leather caseipad 2 case
Cheers,
Tomek
Now I will always have a tabla in my pocket.
Thanks so much.
artificialdark

Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pupasani"
Well I'm certainly getting asked that a lot these days, so I guess I should look into it :-)

But realistically its not so easy to port, especially since Android's SDK is completely different. The best I can say for now is maybe in a few months ..

Regards,
Prasad
Prasadji,
Any further thoughts on porting to Android?

Thanks,
Zain
chrisitar

Reply with quote  #60 
Anyone try out this new 'Karaoke' feature? I usually use Samavada's built in mic to amp the sound, which is free. This karaoke add-on is $9.99
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.