INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
amitsitar

Reply with quote  #1 
Rotary Club of Howrah South presents "TRADITION".... an exquisite evening of Indian Classical Music on Sunday, 9th January 2010.

Sarod Recital: ABHISEK LAHIRI

Tabla Support: PARTHA SARATHI MUKHERJEE

Venue:
ROTARY SADAN (Beside Nehru Children's Museum)
94/2 Chowringhee Road, Kolkata- 700 020

Time: 6.30 PM onwards.

No tickets/ Pass required... All are cordially welcome.

For more info, dial: (+91) 89 817 063 60
dobro

Reply with quote  #2 
I checked out Abhisheks clip of chandranandan It was 7 beats I think.
I was very impressed, he has tremendous control over his instrument. Lahiri is surely going to be a big name. God bless him and his teacher and father. Also to add and this is not making a comparison at all but I really love Vasant Rais son Satyam Rai, his playing is very different from abhisheik but just as astounding in his own style . I wish he would play publicly for gods sake but in due time.
Shastriya Sangeet

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "dobro"
I checked out Abhisheks clip of chandranandan It was 7 beats I think.
I was very impressed, he has tremendous control over his instrument. Lahiri is surely going to be a big name. God bless him and his teacher and father. Also to add and this is not making a comparison at all but I really love Vasant Rais son Satyam Rai, his playing is very different from abhisheik but just as astounding in his own style . I wish he would play publicly for gods sake but in due time.
we also listened this Chandrananadan clip played by Abhishek Lahiri on sarod..... It's marvelous and also because of the fact that he played in rupak tal (7 beats) which is very rare.... in his own unique style which sounds so refreshing to the ears.... much different from those of Maihar style which we heard over the years.
@dobro: do you have any clip of Satyam Rai??... cause we could not find anything in YouTube. Would love to hear him....
dobro

Reply with quote  #4 
@Shastriyasangeet
I'll try to pry out a recording of Satyam out of his brother who lives in Nyc and post it.
I heard Satyam several times at his place in manhattan, I dont know if anyone else on this forum has heard him but what he played for me was quite quite astounding. Somehow he just is not interested in exposure. I know it's a moot point to mention him as there is absolutely no stuff on the web. I tried to record him on my ipod when he was playing but his brother stopped me. I respect thier wishes. I would really wish for the sarod community to hear him. Anyone else who may have heard him knows what I am talking about.
gwaliorsarod

Reply with quote  #5 
Dobro, good luck on posting Satyams audio/vid link. You'll never get permission from his family or him.
However he does play for guests who visit the residence. I was one of the lucky people a few years ago. He was teaching Bilaskhani to a student, and the taans he played I have never heard any one play before. He played super fast sitar taans on the sarod. Very clear and very precise 100% on par with any top sitar player.
Shastriya Sangeet

Reply with quote  #6 
Absolutely privileged to be present in the concert of Abhishek Lahiri on last 9th January @ Rotary Sadan in Kolkata.... Such a difficult raag like Puriya Kalyan was portrayed so beautifully in Sarod and that too so effortlessly... and Partha Sarathi Mukherjee's tabla accompaniment reminds me of his legendary Guruji Pt. Samta Prasad..... What a great concert it was! Many thanks to Rotary Club for organizing this concert.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.