INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
DrKashyap

Reply with quote  #16 
Though sad incidence,
- No rival will give AA a chance to make publicity, it will be great event to win public sympathy for AA by not being able to perform.
- it is carelessness either at the porter level or at some dangerous enthusiastic helper level.
- Ustad himself can never commit such mistake.
- Theory of LARS is more convincing as pressure by overpacked cloths on the skin can do this.
anandvyasorg

Reply with quote  #17 
There are other damaged areas ~ and I agree that the Ustad is an an expert in packing his Sarod :wink: Oh my, its contagious . In fact he has a specially made case that is very tight for that particular sarod, and he does pack "around" it as much as possible. That being said Lars you DO know the most about shipping, but this was in the same country on a hour flight... Coming form a festival where there are a lot of Sarod players and jealous musicians (I am not singling any one Festival out or concert, this happens everywhere). I would like to know if it was in his "sights" the whole time. I know for a fact it WAS NOT (in his sight) for at least 20 minutes after he played Bhairavi and went to eat. The rival may NOT have wanted him to play the festival. As if the Ustad needs publicity? Honest question, he doesn't. He is one of our grandfathers. No his children need publicity not the Ustad. I watched him pack it away himself as well. As i said though ~ it was not in his sight for the entire time :wink: If jealousy occurs at my current level it certainly occurs at his Master level no?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #18 
Yes my friends I am indeed a victim of Indian manhandling :wink:
Oh!!!! What was that then???
:wink: There it is again??!??!
What the F is it????
:wink:

Oh No there it is again AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
I'm being winked to death. Oh, it's not so bad actually!!!!!

N
panchamkauns

Reply with quote  #19 
I can’t believe I just saw two people criticizing Amjad Ali over what he said.

Reply with quote  #20 
Oh no... Two people were talking about a RESPECTED musician. It does not mean he speaks with GOLD coming out of his body. He is Master, what else was said? I know him personally ~ You?
panchamkauns

Reply with quote  #21 
Uh, no, I don’t know him personally. I still don’t think what he said was racist, impolite etc. I guess that just makes me as bad as him :twisted:
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.