INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
thomas

Reply with quote  #1 
hi... has anyone ever bought from the seller All Ethnic on ebay?

i've been looking at these

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TABLA-SET-BLACK-PAINTED-BRASS-HARMONIUM-GUITAR-DHOL_W0QQitemZ170026351752QQihZ007QQcategoryZ47087QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

and it seems some of you are pretty clued up. so asides from any experience with this seller would these tabla's be ok for an 'advanced beginner'?

i started learning about 7 years ago but kinda stopped playing the last 4 odd years. i picked it up really quick and really only played what i wanted to play, and never really cared to learn 'proper' playing or to take it any further, if that makes sense. i'm a jazz drummer so really like improvising and this is what i would do with the tabla's rather than play and learn traditionally.

i'm looking to buy some new one's (i kinda neglacted my others) to further my studies with the instrument so looking around for where/what to buy.

do they look ok? i don't wanna go too expensive/top end, but then don't want beginner type one's either...

any help's appreciated.

cheers.

:mrgreen:
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #2 
I don't think could honestly recommend anything better to someone with a history of neglecting their instruments - "advanced beginner" or otherwise.
Sorry,

A.

Reply with quote  #3 
OUCH!!!! But an excellent point.

Reply with quote  #4 
not really. by neglected i mean i used them to teach children percussion/music therapy at my old studio (where they have subsequently been in storage for over a year). you try looking after a room full of kids with a ton of percussion instruments. most of the stuff i used for workshops get battered and bruised over time.

seriously, what is your problem? 'history' of neglecting my instruments??

carry on being unhelpfull and assuming you know anything about me at all by all means.

i'm sure there's at least 1 grown up on here ??

:arrow:
coyootie

Reply with quote  #5 
I got a set of tabla from them that starting splitting seriously as soon as they arrived. I told the seller I'm in a very dry climate and needed really seasoned wood blabla. His response after I emailed him about replacing the dayan was that I could pay for the freight- as much as the purchase price of the whole set.
IF YOU BUY DIRECT FROM INDIA YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RECOURSE IF THE SELLER DOES YOU WRONG.there, did you get it????
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.