INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Akash at the Brunswick

Quote:
Published on Jul 16, 2013
Akash playing at The Brunswick in Hove 10/07/2013
Akash are Lucy Hudson and Marc Clayton playing a fusion of South and North Indian music styles in their own unique show.
For bookings in the South of England please contact akash@tablalab.com
Nicely done Mark! I'm curious about the last 4 minutes and how that was done ... it sounded very cool!

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
mangataot

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey thanks for posting Pascal...
You are quick off the mark

The last bit is a bit of a jam really.
I made most of the background in Logic and added some percussion from the DrumJam app (which is pretty cool.)

The tabla is being picked up by a 2nd mic running through a really old Boss Delay box.
The results were a bit hit and miss but it has an interesting effect when you wind the time control to repitch. That's fun for a little bit. Not sure if it justifies the setting up time or not.. let's see!

Will post a video of the main act, Filter Coffee once I get it rendered out...
Hope you are good, Pascal.

Try them out at Tablalab.com
http://www.mecaudio.co.uk
pbercker

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "mangataot"
Hey thanks for posting Pascal...
You are quick off the mark

The last bit is a bit of a jam really.
I made most of the background in Logic and added some percussion from the DrumJam app (which is pretty cool.)

The tabla is being picked up by a 2nd mic running through a really old Boss Delay box.
The delay box must be what I heard around 12:30 ... it sounded very very cool, but you only played for about 30 seconds ... and started fiddling with the controls some more at about 13:00 .... the results were still interesting, but it's that initial 30 seconds of you playing with the delay box that really grabbed my attention!

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.