INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Ajrada Dreams, Pelee Island Flowers

Nice use of the recent SaathSangeet lehara software recently discussed!
Quote:
Published on Sep 19, 2013
Composition theme that is being sung and then played on the Tabla is a traditional tisra-jati Ajrada kaida. The beautiful prelude in chatusra-jati is composed by my teacher Pt. Arvind Mulgaonkar.

Much thanks to Monir Hossain for SaathSangeet software (http://www.saathsangeet.com) that is being used for lehera (the background melody). [The lehera is in Raga Bhimpalasi on Sarod played by Abhisek Lahiri]

The flower shots are all from Pelee Island, Ontario taken in August, 2013

pb

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #2 
I believe teerpluk doubles as evening84 here. Nice one!
Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
Zakir Hussain & company (3/23/14)
evening84

Reply with quote  #3 
Yup - that's me. I really do like the leheras in SaathSangeet. The singing thing is kind of experimental - I guess. Helps me internalize a composition especially when I can make the bols fit the contours of the lehera melody.
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "evening84"
Yup - that's me. I really do like the leheras in SaathSangeet. The singing thing is kind of experimental - I guess. Helps me internalize a composition especially when I can make the bols fit the contours of the lehera melody.
What did you use for recording? Samvada IS NOT WORKING!!

Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
evening84

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ahirbhairav"
I had SaathSangeet playing on the laptop and I recorded vocal and tabla by using an el-cheapo mike that I use for skype - plugged into a Macbook/GarageBand. What is Samvada ?

ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "evening84"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ahirbhairav"
I had SaathSangeet playing on the laptop and I recorded vocal and tabla by using an el-cheapo mike that I use for skype - plugged into a Macbook/GarageBand. What is Samvada ?
This sucky iPad app with a swarmandal and some sort of chikari-like reverb created by Dan Sayers. It just sucks. Worked fine in the beginning, but doesn't work with me anymore.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.