INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
JFilbert

Reply with quote  #1 
I set my alarm and got up early this morning to bid on a sitar being sold with no reserve by Radhey Shyam Sharma on eBay -- offered for sale by the maker. I was the high bidder and paid immediately. I received a message from him to the effect that he will not send it because the high bid was not high enough, and that I should request a refund from PayPal.
naad_brahma

Reply with quote  #2 
It looks like it's his first ebay attempt as a seller. He's a reputable maker but it is very very cheap. I expect he was thinking it would go for a lot more money. If you paid with paypal ebay has you covered so don't worry about that. If he doesn't offer a full refund you can open a case and it will be obvious he is at fault. I am surprised he would even sell on ebay, after ebay and paypal fees there about 20% that goes down the drain. He is usually reachable by phone and email but whatever you do don't communicate off of ebay as you want everything to be on record. I'm really disappointed to see this, he's a very good maker when it's a sitar of his actual make like this one.
coyootie

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm sure you'll get your $ refunded. A LOT of people don't really understand how ebay, or auctions, work.stuff happens.
I corresponded with Radheybhai a while back and he was cordial and reasonable, so you'll be OK. what is that proverb
"if it seems too good to be true, it is"
yup getting that sitar for $556 woulda been quite the deal...
barend

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "JFilbert"
I received a message from him to the effect that he will not send it because the high bid was not high enough, and that I should request a refund from PayPal.
He should have set a reserve (minimum) price on Ebay beforehand. I am sure you will get all your money back. Beware that you also get the paypal fees (the higher currency conversion rates) back.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.