INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey guys, ever since I discovered Swar Player & Chhand Player (Thanks, Pascal!) I've been making my own lehras ever since...I thought I'd share them with you.

First things first if you don't have any of these you can download both from http://www.dharambir.com/indian-classical-music-research/indian-music-softwares/

Second things second (:lol you click the load button and load any of these lehras in.

I have more in the Chhand Player since it's easier to use...but Swar Player has more features so I use that one sometimes also...

Here's a short catalogue:

Chhand Player
- Jhaptaal in Bhinnakauns
- Teentaal in Bhupal Todi
- Teentaal in Miyan ki Todi
- Teentaal in Bhairavi (composition of David Courtney)
- Teentaal in Madhuvanti

Swar Player has the Bhairavi lehra that also was in Chhand Player (I did it as a test and ended up saving it) and a composition of my own which is an Ektaal in Sur Malhar.

If you're wondering why I didn't attach the Sur Malhar by itself it's because the forum doesn't accept the file format, which is unknown to me as well...BTW you can't choose the default program, it must be loaded in by clicking on the Load button in both programs...

Enjoy!

P.S. Pascal was unknowingly a beta tester for these and his likes were the Jhaptaal in Bhinnakauns and the Bhupal Todi Teentaal

Attached Files
7z Lehras for Tabla Riyaaz - Chhand Player.7z (489 Bytes, 1 views)
7z Lehras for Tabla Riyaaz - Swar Player.7z (716 Bytes, 1 views)

Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
Zakir Hussain & company (3/23/14)

pbercker

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ahirbhairav"
Hey guys, ever since I discovered Swar Player & Chhand Player (Thanks, Pascal!) I've been making my own lehras ever since...I thought I'd share them with you.

Chhand Player
- Teentaal in Madhuvanti

P.S. Pascal was unknowingly a beta tester for these and his likes were the Jhaptaal in Bhinnakauns and the Bhupal Todi Teentaal
I'm also rather liking Miyan Ki Todi ... I hadn't heard that one before.

You should make some short youtube videos of the leharas so you can have a wider audience for them!

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pbercker"
Quote:

Chhand Player
- Teentaal in Madhuvanti

I'm also rather liking Miyan Ki Todi ... I hadn't heard that one before.

You should make some short youtube videos of the leharas so you can have a wider audience for them!

Pascal
Eh, I think I'll pass on the YT videos. I've already put up a notice in RMIC about my lehras and that they can email me if they want them...as for my reason to not makign the YT videos, I don't have a proper recording software...I can do Audio but then I'm not able to record it in...how did you make your tutorial videos???

Rakesh & Friends (Gino Banks, the drummer, tweeted me that they'll be in Oct, so whenever they come here, if they come here.)
pbercker

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:

Eh, I think I'll pass on the YT videos. I've already put up a notice in RMIC about my lehras and that they can email me if they want them...as for my reason to not makign the YT videos, I don't have a proper recording software...I can do Audio but then I'm not able to record it in...how did you make your tutorial videos???
You need a screen capture recorder ...

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html
Quote:
Record and capture video from almost any source – even VHS tapes. And unlike other recording software, you can utilize key pre-production features like video color, resolution, and output settings. Download Debut today and start building your video content library.
There's a free version and a pay version for extra features.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Quote:

You need a screen capture recorder ...

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html
Quote:
Record and capture video from almost any source – even VHS tapes. And unlike other recording software, you can utilize key pre-production features like video color, resolution, and output settings. Download Debut today and start building your video content library.
There's a free version and a pay version for extra features.

Pascal
Ah so that's how you do it!

Thanks!

ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #6 
How'd you record the sound directly from the computer?
pbercker

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Click on "Options" and then at the bottom click on "microphone" but then in the drop-box click on "stereo mix".

The "speaker" option below "microphone" did not work well in a prior version, but I'm not sure about this later version.

pb

ahirbhairav

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Quote:
Click on "Options" and then at the bottom click on "microphone" but then in the drop-box click on "stereo mix".

The "speaker" option below "microphone" did not work well in a prior version, but I'm not sure about this later version.

pb
My trial expired. Darn.

pbercker

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:

My trial expired. Darn.
It should revert to the FREE version which never expires! If you try to uninstall it, it should give you the option to revert to the free version, with fewer features, but entirely workable. It should be version 1.82 (the free version).

pb

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.