INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Lars

Reply with quote  #16 
I think this technology will be wonderful for bridges, I almost got one but the problem for me is the 3D imaging. I think it's 10 years away from plug and play still but imagine taking your favorite bridge and making a duplicate, the material the printers use would work fine for a bridge.

Lars

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lars"
I think this technology will be wonderful for bridges, I almost got one but the problem for me is the 3D imaging. I think it's 10 years away from plug and play still but imagine taking your favorite bridge and making a duplicate, the material the printers use would work fine for a bridge.

Lars
Wow that is a really great idea. This could usher in a new golden age of jawari -- we can define the specific shape of the bridge with a parabolic function, print it out, test it, adjust the function, print again, etc.
povster

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "vbnautilus"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lars"

Lars
Wow that is a really great idea. This could usher in a new golden age of jawari -- we can define the specific shape of the bridge with a parabolic function, print it out, test it, adjust the function, print again, etc.
My sense is the cost to do that would buy you a lot hand-shaped bridges.

vbnautilus

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
My sense is the cost to do that would buy you a lot hand-shaped bridges.
Initial investment would be greater for sure. But once you have the machine (and they are not too expensive now -- you can get one for $500), it does not cost much to print each additional bridge -- it's cheap plastic filament. Then, once you have perfected the design, you can just print a new one out whenever you need it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.