INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
Here's the link to my pics pages of this year's Dhrupad Mela. I hope you can see them all.
See how many you can name before I put what captions I can on.

https://picasaweb.google.com/trippymonkey/DHRUPADMELA2011#

Nick
ragamala

Reply with quote  #2 
Dhrupad on santoor!

Dhrupad on banjo?

What is the world coming to?

Reassuring to see harmonium still has its proper place in its natural home though :twisted:
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
R
I know what you mean. The santoor was OK but the other Turkish Banjo thing was pushing it a bit. Still, if you can play in Pakhawaj beats with a Pakhawaj......

Nick
ragamala

Reply with quote  #4 
Forgot to say thanks for the pics. Thanks!
Made me regret not going this year. It was to late for me. Next year it's back in Feb, I see, so may be a chance of ragamala stumbling along the ghats and tripping on the Benares alley cowpats.
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
Just put up a few more which didn't seem to upload yesterday.

Nick
sahkul

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the pics Nick...

Any recordings at all?
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
Sorry Of course I do.
Go to youtube & put in the search menu Dhrupad Mela 2011. There's 5 or 6 of mine there so far.

NIck
ragamala

Reply with quote  #8 
Interesting, thanks Nick.
It still bemuses me how that santoor got let in the door of a dhrupad mela!

Perhaps this was interval entertainment while the freaks chilled out on the terrace overlooking the smoke-hazed ganga?

I see Lakhan Lal Sahu has youtube vids posted under his own name. Story behind that? Trippy M, purveyor of quality videos to the profession.....

Talking of quality, the man who was walking backwards to and fro during your vids - I seem to recognise the arse from last year
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #9 
R
Yes THAT silly arse is the photographer that hasn't the slightest F...g idea there's an audience watching & the artists are NOT there for HIS benefit alone. BERK!!!!
He even talked to me at the end about his constant wandering across everyone's recordings!!!

Sri Sahu requested a copy of his performance from me before I left on the second night. Are you saying he's posting copies of MY recording under his own name??? :twisted:

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #10 
Went on youtube last night only to see MY videos being used to promote said Sahu ji!!!!
A little mention of source material would have benn nice. I even asked him on a PM.

Nick
povster

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "trippy
R
I know what you mean. The santoor was OK but the other Turkish Banjo thing was pushing it a bit. Still, if you can play in Pakhawaj beats with a Pakhawaj......

Nick
Good pics Nick. Is the pakhawaj player in the santoor photo Chitrangana Agle-Reshwal?

Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you, Mr. Monkey ! Good stuff ! Surprized to see no Rudra Veena axe men listed for the gigue !

Reply with quote  #13 
hmmm this is a very much nice topic thanks trippy monkey for such a nice topic. 8)

Mela Restaurant

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.