INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
desh

Reply with quote  #1 
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151091945393?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This looks nice!
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #2 
kalyan

Reply with quote  #3 
Looks about right to me based on the label, the carving, trim, and the old case. In quite good looking shape thuogh.
Kalyan

goddenmusic.com. musicianmallusa.com facebook.com/goddenmusic
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #4 
Lars

Reply with quote  #5 
I think it's genuine and well cared for. No top tumba? Anyone else see a twist in the neck? Could just be the pictures....

Lars

Reply with quote  #6 
Yeah the age seems about right to me. I may be wrong but I think that color, tag , and decoration style were from 70's and earlier. The address on the tag i think is different from the current address perhaps some one knows about when the shop moved?
Kalyan

povster

Reply with quote  #7 
The badge is certainly 60s or maybe 1970, and coincides with the case paper sticker. Looking carefully at the images, enlarging them as you can, the wear is there in the right spots but very light.

Lars - I know what you mean about the possibility of the twist in the neck and I agree it could just be the picture/angle. Would be nice to see a couple of full neck shots form a different angles.

kalyan

Reply with quote  #8 
Yeah it is hard to tell if that is a twist on an illusion it would not surprise me at all if there were some twist at that age.I just looked at the paper label on an old RR case very similar to that one that is at my house right now and i see the address is the same, the one on that sitar just has the first part( I guess I am used to seeing caughnat circus on the label).

naad_brahma

Reply with quote  #9 
It's the real deal. Sold one of these last year(probably can find my pics in older posts) and gave another one to a friend last fall. There are also several similar instruments on Tony's site. These are great sitars, very warm sounding. They have a narrower neck then most of the Calcutta makes so they have a very small feel on the left hand. The buy it now price is more than worth it even with the missing tumba(those are basically useless anyways).
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.