INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
va2dim

Reply with quote  #1 

Please, need help, which books better to buy for begginer?

LEARNING THE TABLA - Volume 1,2

The Complete Reference for Tabla:
FUNDAMENTALS OF TABLA, Vol. 1
ADVANCED THEORY OF TABLA. Vol. 2
Focus on the Kaidas of Tabla, Vol. 4

Is this books have duplication of info or I must have both series?
If I buy "The Complete Reference for Tabla Vol.1,2,4" am I need LEARNING THE TABLA - Vol. 1,2 or
otherwise if I buy LEARNING THE TABLA - Volume 1,2 - it will cover "The Complete Reference for Tabla" serise info for begginer?

gatabera

Reply with quote  #2 
For a beginner I would recommend Learning the Tabla Volume 1. It is pretty easy to follow, with pictures, and includes an audio CD. At some point you should find a good teacher. That is the best way to learn. Good luck.  
va2dim

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for answer. I am not absolute newbie & delivering for me will be more than books price, so I want to buy one or if they are not intersect two series. That why can somebody clearify difference or simmilarity of this two book series?
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
"Learning the Tabla -Vol 1" (LTT-1) is  a small subset of "Fundamentals of Tabla" (FOT).  LTT-1 is pretty basic while FOT is beefy enough that almost anyone would derive some benefit from. "Learning the Tabla -Vol 2" continues from where LTT -2 left off.  It is a different animal. "Advanced Theory of Tabla" is out of print. "Manufacture and Repair of Tabla" is exactly what its name implies. "Focus on the Kaidas of Tabla" is a very advanced book and is NOT for the beginner.
va2dim

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you for answer, David! LTT-1 is  a small subset of FOT. What about different animal 😉 LTT-2 is it covered by/subset of FOT or Advanced Theory of Tabla or Focus on the Kaidas of Tabla?
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
LTT-2 is a different from both LTT-1 and FOT.

You might consider getting "Focus on the Kaidas of Tabla".  It is a very advanced book, but over the years you can grow into it. 
va2dim

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks David, to conlude,
for now better to buy: LTT-2, FOT, ATOT
and with time: Focus on the Kaidas of Tabla
correct?
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #8 
ATOT is out of print.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.