INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Sitar Fixer

Reply with quote  #16 
If you are wanting to keep as much original equipment on the instrument as possible, then I wish you good luck. That brass plate does add a certain folk charm. The Sarangi I had a similar problem with resulted in me cutting a section of cocobolo (mahogany is good too), drilling the holes to match the uneven tip side holes, clamp and glue. See pics.  IMG_0165.jpg  IMG_0166.jpg  IMG_0167.jpg  IMG_0168.jpg  e face The plate with the 15 taraf eyelets - Hmmmm ! Maybe a strip of wood to cover the holes, say 3/4" x 3/16" x whatever length that goes end to end. Looks like all kinds of fun there !
Palta101

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitar Fixer
If you are wanting to keep as much original equipment on the instrument as possible, then I wish you good luck. That brass plate does add a certain folk charm. The Sarangi I had a similar problem with resulted in me cutting a section of cocobolo (mahogany is good too), drilling the holes to match the uneven tip side holes, clamp and glue. See pics.

The plate with the 15 taraf eyelets - Hmmmm ! Maybe a strip of wood to cover the holes, say 3/4" x 3/16" x whatever length that goes end to end. Looks like all kinds of fun there !

Solid and beautiful work! I wish I had the tools and workshop I had back in art school sculpture class.
Not to mention your skills :)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.