INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
tabliya

Reply with quote  #1 
Greetings all,

It’s been some time since I posted here. Some of you may know that a recent court case ruled Johnson’s baby powder could cause cancer. Are members aware of any alternatives?

Thank you,
Tabliya
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
This is an important issue.  The alternative for talc in baby powder is generally corn starch (or some other vegetable starch).  This will ruin the tabla!  However, I have found that talcum powder is still being sold in pool/billiard stores.  So if you look under billiard supplies, you can generally find it.
Proxmire1

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by david
This is an important issue.  The alternative for talc in baby powder is generally corn starch (or some other vegetable starch).  This will ruin the tabla!  However, I have found that talcum powder is still being sold in pool/billiard stores.  So if you look under billiard supplies, you can generally find it.

Its the talc thats the problem. They dont properly test it for asbestos, which causes cancer. I have taken to using just a tiny bit of a product called "zeasorb" which is much more absorbant. It still has talc, but less that johnsons and you use much less.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.